A house sustainability work
A house is taking climate change highly seriously and we have done a genuine work to develop a long-term sustainability mission that we believe in. Here are some of the actions that we believe can make a change.
– A house contributes to the sharing economy by joining people together under the same roof sharing the resources of the building. Our furniture cooperation is a circular model together with our furniture partner Holmris in Denmark. It is unfortunately common that furniture becomes garbage when companies change offices. Instead, we encourage our members to rent furniture from us, meaning that they are being used by several people during it’s A house lifetime.
– We are working on “12 steps to sustainable development” to take our responsibility in contributing to saving the planet. You find the 12 steps-poster in A lobby to find out more and see the boxes we’ve ticked so far!
– We host Flea Markets to encourage members and friends to reuse clothes buying second-hand insted.
– We invite members and visitors to ”think twice” about small changes we can do in our everyday life. We minimize the use of paper cups and plastic lids by offering members and visitors to buy our thermos instead.
– Yearly, we host “A sustainable week”, highlighting and reminding us why and how we can be more sustainable. In February 2020, the week aimed to raise awareness about our carbon footprint, with a focus on two of our biggest climate issues – food and fashion.
– We encourage members to “Share & Reuse” by using our slack channel with the same name.
– We encourage our members to work on the global goals for sustainable development >
– We do of course promote recycling in the lobby as well as in the garbage rooms.
– We work with local food and roasting of coffee beans. Thank you to our partner Sthlm Roast for being such responsible role model!
The A house building
An extensive renovation has been made to establish an energy-efficient A house building. We are a certified ”environmental building Silver”. These are the features and design that provides us with smart indoor climate and low energy consumption:
– The ventilation turns off after office hours.
– The ventilation is automatically controlled by sensing heat and number of people.
– The building has a “heavy” facade that counteracts rapid climate change.
– Some lighting is controlled by presence sensors.
– The light sources at A house are all energy-efficient LED lighting.
– Heat and cold are extracted and stored in the rock 300m underneath the house. Geothermal heat pumps efficiently utilize both heat and cold from the the rock giving us the perfect temperature.
A house Discrimination & Harassment Policy
A house goal as a community is to create an eco-system for individuals, enterprises and academies built on diversity, equality and sustainability. This environment shall nourish a climate filled with acceptance, transparency and inspiration which gives energy and creates a feeling that everything is possible. A workplace for all kinds, where each and every one has the same equal rights and share the same values. Where energy, lust and creativity can thrive to benefit the artistic result.
The Swedish work environment authority’s definition of bullying is – actions that are perceived as violating or in any other way undesirable by the person or persons who are subjected to them. The definition also includes the prevailing imbalance in power between the perpetrator and the victim, and actions which might place the victim outside the social community at the workplace.
A house strongly condemns all kinds of bullying and harassment and will not tolerate any such actions within our workplace. Our anti-discrimination work is built on UN’s declaration of human rights, the Swedish laws against discrimination and the regulations of the Swedish Work Environment Authority. Our workplace should be completely free from harassment due to gender, disabilities, sexual orientation, age, religion, ethnic descent or any kind of bullying – for exemple deliberately insult or exclude a colleague, to criticize or diminish someone in front of others as well as all kinds of persecution and defamation of someone as a person.
We therefore encourage all members to respect and accept each other and each other’s differences. The best work against harassment and bullying is made by us together so make it your most important issue to make sure no one is feeling left out. If you sense any kind of bullying – take action and show your support to those who feel exposed. If you experience that someone is violating this policy please help us by reporting this to your immediate supervisor. As being the workplace of many A house members we will in these situations take the issue as our highest priority. Thank you all for your collaboration.
Pic: Member Viktor Wrange